Parenting Support Groups.
I have had 5 years experience running parenting skills support groups in association with The Parent Network, providing a group-based programme of 12 weekly workshops for parents of children, of all ages, focussing on skill building and support for one of the most important jobs in the world.
- Exploding the myth of the ‘perfect parent’
- How to listen to your kids so they will listen to you
- Creative Problem Solving
- Developing a healthy relationship with your children
- Dealing with tears and tough moments
- Setting and maintaining realistic expectations for parent-child relationships
- Helping children to manage their feelings without doing it for them
- Being firm and fair and dealing with the feedback
- How to offer really useful coaching to your child
- Developing a really supportive relationship within a group of parents
As a counsellor offering parenting support and coaching to couples and individuals, I focus on the relationship between parent and child and the development of effective communication skills.